Saturday, November 17, 2012

World Diabetes Day Postcard Exchange

I think the idea of the World Diabetes Day Postcard Exchange is so fantastic.  Thank you, Lee Ann for all of your hard work putting this all together.  I think your work is meaningful and important.

I'm a substitute teacher (currently, I taught full time for 8 years) and I knew I'd be teaching today. So, I thought it would be really fun if I had my class make some postcards for the exchange.  They loved it.  I gave them a mini lesson on diabetes, taught them about what the exchange was all about, and let them be creative for a little while.



They came up with some really great things!  Some of them, I REALLY love!


I'd like to send them to you.
I've already been paired up with 3 people, and I'm sending one to my partner from last year who has become someone I communicate with daily.  But, I still have about 20 more to give out.  If you'd like me to send you a postcard, please leave your name and address in the comments, email me at: sugarfreesweetie@gmail.com or DM me on twitter @sugarfreesweety.

Thanks!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment